Sunday, July 12, 2009

Av. Marginal Bike Ride

Saturday I went for a bike ride along the Avenida da Marginal - it's the road that follows the coastline through and away from Maputo. [You can see a track from my GPS if you expand the Google map on the left.] Riding a mountain bike with knobby tires on African roads with African drivers is a bit different than pedaling my road bike from Decatur to Stone Mtn. Still, I managed to put in about 20 Km, with stops along the way for caril do camaraos (shrimp curry) at Restaurante Costa do Sol.


Heading back towards the city, I saw some local fishermen in sailboats.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive site, especially the display of your pizza-dough-throwing prowess. The city is much more pictureesque than what I'd imagined. jpo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    My name's Luc, and I'm 23y. I've just arrived in Maputo, and will be staying here for up to a year, working for a Dutch NGO promoting solar energy. If you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me about living in Maputo?
    You can always shoot me an email at: luc@ruralenergy.nl

    Thanks in advance!

    Luc

    p.s. Nice pics! I've uploaded some on my blog 'lucinprogress.blogspot.com'

    ReplyDelete